Dementia Nursing Care
Benslow Nursing Home has been caring for the physically frail people since joining the Benslow portfolio in 1996. It has been specialising in dementia nursing care for 10 years.
Our nursing care is committed to providing person centred care, delivered by trained and experienced staff, in accordance with our Dementia care standards which were developed in line with the Alzheimer’s Society’s Person-centred Standards as published in “Qualilty Dementia Care in care homes (2005)”. We practice a person-centred approach to care. Our focus is on the individual as a whole person rather than a condition. We aim to recognise their uniqueness, strengths and abilities rather than their losses or failures.
Qualified nurses and experienced care staff all follow our bespoke Dementia care training pathway to ensure they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to maintain our philosophy. Staff are continually developing their skills and knowledge through training and mentorship.
Our Dementia Nursing Care Programme includes :
- Care using life histories
- Enabling choice and participation
- Promoting dignity, respect and individuality
- Supporting independence
- An activity programme that provides social, therapeutic and meaningful opportunities
- Comfortable and safe home environment
- Special calm areas to soothe
- Qualified nursing care
- Palliative and end of life care