What we offer in each of our homes
Whilst our homes may not be purpose built, they have been adapted to capture a homely environment that our residents are able to enjoy.
Moving into our homes
Our aim is to make the transition as smooth as possible. We encourage family and friends to help with the move and suggest some personal possessions are brought in to make the room homely.
Staff who genuinely care
Staff are chosen just as much for their compassionate and caring natures as for their qualifications and experience. To ensure each individual resident’s needs and personal choices are fully met, their care plan is reviewed and updated on a regular basis. Every resident is appointed their own key worker, who works closely with them, their families and friends, to make sure individual preferences are always understood.
Wholesome tasty food
All meals are prepared and cooked in the homes kitchen by our dedicated cook committed to delivering what the residents enjoy. Everyday there is a choice of Menu, we serve meals that are both tasty and nutritious, using local produce where possible. Our 4 homes follow the ‘Food First Programme’ using real food to promote good nutrition as opposed to supplements. Visit site www.malnutritionaskforce.org.uk and www.sept.nhs.uk/community-health/bedford. Menus are changed on a regular basis and our cook likes to meet with residents to discuss their personal preferences. We cater for individual dietary requirements. Our kitchens are all rated 4 or 5 stars by the Food Agency.
- 24 hour care
- Affordable rates
- Nursing Dementia care at Benslow Nursing Home
- Accredited Specialist in Dementia care
- Long term and respite
- Palative and end of life care
- Individual care plans
- Care Quality commision registered
- Staff who are qualified to care, Trained or training to NVQ in Health and Social care standards.
- Dementia and Dignity champions
- All staff are trained in accordance with our Dementia care training pathway
- 1 Staff member to 5 residents
- Home from home environment
- Inhouse laundry service
- Towels and bedlinen supplied
- Full time Activity organisers
- IT equipment for residents, ipads, tablets and laptops with software Dementia programmes to help improve the memory.
- Infection prevention control to ensure the highest standards are met
- Professional visiting services e.g GP’s, Chiropodist, District nurses, Hairdresser and we can arrange appointments with dentists and opticians as required.
- Specialist health care e.g Physiotherapy can be arranged on a referral basis by the residents GP.
Open visiting and our staff team are always available to answer your questions. We welcome feedback from family and friends and endeavour to incorporate this in the individual care that is delivered in the homes.