Each home offers a varied programme of weekly activities which is organised and overseen by our in house Engagement Co-ordinators. They cover a range of interests from sing-a-longs & arts and crafts to cooking and reminiscence sessions.
No two days are the same
Great emphasis is placed on meaningful, daily life tasks which are included to stimulate the mind and memory. The uniqueness of our residents life history and interests are central to the program. Through residents meetings and day to day interactions our residents dictate what is on offer, although there are always a few old favourites that are always on offer … Bingo anyone!
During their regular reviews, our engagement co ordinators will also seek feedback from care staff and visitors. This ensures that even beyond the organised activities and events our residents needs are met.
Ensuring our residents remain involved in the life of their local community helps them to remain independent and active. That is why we maintain excellent ties with charities such as Age Concern, Alzheimer’s Society, local schools, religious organisations and with outside entertainment groups. This allows our residents to spend time interacting with a variety of different people.
- Enagement Co-ordinators are trained to Napa standards (National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People). www.napa-activities.co.uk
- Computer system for residents, offering individual e-mail accounts and Skype
- Ipads, tablets and laptops for residents to use, installed with applications that improve the memory and encourage new learning
- We follow the company ethos to support our residents to lead a fulfilled life , much of this is achieved through activities
- Shopping trips, local pub for lunch, local zoo, theatre, local walks and day trips to the seaside
- Regular volunteer and community visitors, including pet therapy!
- A monthly activity programme and newsletter