There is a wide programme of weekly activities which is organised and overseen by the Activity Co-ordinators. The programme is designed to cover a range of interests from sing-a-longs, arts and crafts to cooking and reminiscence sessions. Singers and musicans come to entertain. Great emphasis is placed on the meaningful daily life activities which are included to stimulate the mind and memory. The uniqueness of the individuals life interest and choice will always be taken into account.
- Activity Co-ordinators are trained to Napa standards (National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People). www.napa-activities.co.uk
- Napa Membership.
- Computer system for residents , individual e-mail accounts and Skype.
- IT equipment for residents, ipads, tablets and laptops with software Dementia programmes to help improve the memory.
- We follow the company ethos to support our residents to lead a fulfilled life , much of this is achieved through activities.
- Shopping trips, local pub for lunch, local zoo, theatre, local walks and day trips to the seaside.
- Pet therapy.
- Monthly activity programme.
Residents in the home strongly influence what is included in the programme, through choice expressed in resident meetings and preferences obtained via their life history information.
Ensuring our residents remain involved in the life of the community helps keep them independent and active. Thats why we make sure we maintain excellent ties with charities such as Age Concern, Alzheimer’s Society, Local schools, Churches and with outside entertainment groups, enabling our residents to spend time interacting with a variety of different people.